INTRODUCCIÓN

My name is Robin, and this is my blog.

Visitin Saint Catherine's Monastery and Climbing Mt. Sinai

Looking over the Sinai desert
Today was the day I visited Saint Catherine's Monastery and climbed Mount Sinai.

The monastery is nearly 1500 years old and was built at the foot of Mount Sinai and right at the site where Moses is believed to have seen the burning bush.






Inside the monastery    




The site of the burning bush






Saint Catherine's Monastery with Mount Sinai behind it


Rock formation in the shape of a bull.  Believed to be the idol the Israelites worshiped

Believed to be the rock that Moses struck with his wand before water came pouring out

My Bedouin guide leading me to the top of the mountain


Water in the desert

Heavenly view from the top of Mount Sinai


Little chapel built on top of the Mountain

Watching the sun set at top of Mount Sinai




No comments:

Post a Comment